CPA Study Buddy Database - Are You A CPA Candidate? Find A Study Buddy Here

CFE 2018 OTTAWA

Picture of Mickaëlle Petit-Frère
CFE 2018 OTTAWA
by Mickaëlle Petit-Frère Send a message - 29 Mar 2018, 8:05 AM

Hello,

I am a CFE 2018 candidate - Assurance role - looking for a study partner or to form study group in the Ottawa region or remotely. 

This would be a consistent schedule-based study approach on case wtiting and editing, as well as review of competencies. 

If you are interested or part of existing group in Ottawa region please contact me: meeks.allinone@gmail.com

Let’s pull together to get our CPA!

Thank you

Picture of Zaid Shaikh
Re: CFE 2018 OTTAWA
by Zaid Shaikh Send a message - 4 Apr 2018, 8:36 PM

Hi I am in the Ottawa area as well, will be in the performance role for CFE 2018. Please reach out to zshk566@gmail.com.

Regards, 

Zaid
Picture of Lawrence Tan
by Lawrence Tan Send a message - 5 Apr 2018, 11:29 AM

Hi Zaid,

Will this be your first CFE sitting? I was thinking of taking the performance management role too at one point when I was choosing between that and assurance. Just want to know how you think the CFE under the PM role if you have already taken it.

Thanks,

Lawrence

Picture of Zaid Shaikh
by Zaid Shaikh Send a message - 5 Apr 2018, 3:46 PM

Hi Lawrence, 

Yes, this will be my first sitting. Although i have friends who have taken the PM role in 2017 and found it to be straight forward. That being said these things are quite objective and based on personal preference. I think overall, I would use your performance on the elective modules to assess which role to select (if you took the electives that is). If you took assurance and/or PM, think back to how to you studied and performed and use that as your guide. I took finance and performance and found that finance was extremely quant heavy which created challenges in time management.  I performed much better in PM than in finance and found the subject matter easier to grasp.

Hope that helps. .

Zaid