Tax: 2020 4-Hour Personal and Corporate Update
You’re invited to a 4-Hour Tax Review for the CPA PEP Core 1, Tax Elective and CFE. The session is taught by Canada’s leader in tax education, author of CFE Tax and York University lecturer: Jason Fleming, CPA, CA, M.Acc. Covering tax rules applicable for the CFE.
Special Recorded Lecture :
This review will cover the following CPA PEP + CFE Tax topics:
1. Separate legal entities, residence
2. Employment income including stock options and RRSPs
3. Business income, CCA rules and GST
4. Property income including shareholder loans and TOSI
5. Capital gains including principal residence and capital gains exemption
6. Corporate taxation including refundable taxes and capital dividend account
7. Paid-up capital and share redemptions
8. Tax-free rollovers, amalgamations and wind-ups
9. GAAR and other topics
Jason wrote the UFE and ranked 8th in Ontario (1999). Jason was a tax manager at a Big-4 CPA firm, marked the UFE exam for CPA Canada and has taught tax week at CPA Ontario’s School of Accountancy. Jason is also the author of CFE Tax- A Guide to Understanding the Basics of Canadian Income Taxation. Jason is a lecturer at York University.